With 30 resorts across Europe, including five in the eternally sunny Canary Islands, the company is sharing its top six planning tips to make sure your holiday, is the best it can be.
The company, with four Gran Canaria-based properties available in the RCI exchange holiday programme, has great options for holidays in the sun. You can find out more about them below.
But first, here’s some tips to keep make your summer holiday go swimmingly.
Search for flights to Gran Canaria
Travel tips for your summer holiday
1. Always research your resort’s facilities to know what’s waiting for you when you arrive. This will help you save space in your case for something more essential. It will also keep you in the loop on what’s going on around the resort.
Plus you can plan your budget, not just your suitcase, more efficiently. For example some, like Holiday Club, will organise airport transfers for you if you email them with your flight details.
2. When packing, remember to fold, roll and go. This creates more room in your case and reduces creases leaving more time to enjoy your holiday – instead of ironing! Pop a tumble dryer sheet in the bottom of your case for fresh-smelling clothes when you unpack in resort.
3. Little ones in tow? Plan entertainment for the journey in 15 minute slots – chances are you won’t need that many activities, but at least you know restless children will be occupied for your flight.
4. Don’t underestimate the power of the checklist. Download one from the internet, to ensure you have everything you need. Forgotten your travel adaptor or toiletries? Before you buy anything ask at reception in your resort – they may have additional chargers or complimentary toiletries. You can also check the back of your television, as many have USB ports, perfect for charging cameras or phones.
5. While we’re on the subject of phones, for faster charging between sightseeing, sunbathing and heading out to local restaurants, put your phone on airplane mode when charging and you will find that it charges a lot quicker.
6. Booked a late flight home? Request a late check-out from your resort so you can squeeze in some extra time by the pool topping up your tan. Plus why not book a spa treatment or a massage to relax you so you’re ready for travel?
Find your perfect match in Gran Canaria with Holiday Club Resorts
With 30 resorts across Finland, Sweden, Spain and the Canaries, you are sure to find the resort to suit you.
Once you arrive at any of the five Holiday Club Resorts in The Canaries, you’ll find they have family entertainment covered. At Sol Amadores, in Gran Canaria for example, there is a mini golf course open daily from 10am to 8pm, a separate children’s pool and playground, so youngsters will have plenty to occupy themselves. Your evenings are covered with live entertainment on each week across the five resorts, including barbecues, quizzes and live music.
All of Holiday Club’s hotels in Gran Canaria offer up to 20 per cent off excursions, including dolphin watching boat trips and days out at the water park. Be sure to stop by the Angry Birds Activity Park for a day of theme park fun and receive a special rate of €10 per ticket – simply book at reception when you arrival at your resort.
Day trips to the beach are easy, with Holiday Club Resort’s courtesy bus, running twice daily to and from the Vista, Sol and Jardín Amadores resorts to Playa Amadores and the beach.
Here is our guide for choosing the best resort match in Gran Canaria.
For the best of both worlds… Sol Amadores
Nestled in the quiet hillside above Amadores beach, this modern, family-friendly resort is perfectly situated in a quiet area, yet is close to the action.
For sun worshippers and beach lovers… Amadores Beach Club
With an enviable location just 10 metres from the magnificent Amadores beach, this stylish resort is a paradise for sun worshippers and beach lovers.
For stunning views… Puerto Calma
This well-established, friendly resort is only a short stroll from the golden sands and you can enjoy stunning maritime views over the picturesque harbour of Puerto Rico.
For a relaxing oasis… Jardín Amadores
This exclusive resort is the ideal retreat for a get-away-from-it-all break. You will be in the most tranquil and peaceful surrounds, within private gardens inspired by the gardens of Babylon.
For something lively… Vista Amadores
Holiday Club’s Vista Amadores’ brand new look will be unveiled in July, featuring exceptional pool facilities, state-of-the art accommodation, plus an exotic garden, perfect for unwinding in. If you like active breaks there is plenty to occupy you including a gym, squash court, sauna, and evening entertainment. It’s also just a short walk from the beach and lively bars.